Crime analysis module – used to deal with the most general type of investigation
THE NEED : Going from reported crime event, reducing data sets up to final suspect list for interrogation.
- Reported murder event in a car where there are several forensic evidences.
- Collect CDRs from crime scene filtered by time and place.
- Reduce all calls but those active near the crime event.
- Reduce all handsets that are owned by residents of the area.
- Mark all active handsets in the vicinity that were related to people with criminal records or are prepaid.
- Check all cars that were stolen and fit the description of the murder car.
- Locate all cars that were reported burning near the timeframe of the event.
- For the located cars, check CDRs taken from the area of the burning.
- Pinpoint a phone number that was used in the fire and called one the other numbers before the murder.
- Summon phone owner for interrogation.